Well, today’s another smokin’ gorgeous day at the Kentucky Horse Park for the 2nd day of Dressage. Highs of 66F and sunshine are called for. Tomorrow is a completely different story for Cross-Country. 80% chance of rain and thundershowers will make footing a very interesting ride indeed.
End results for Thursday’s Dressage test showed the following lineup (strong majority being USA riders.):
- Michael Jung, Fisherrocana FST (GER) – 39.3
- Laine Asshker, Anthony Patch (USA) – 44.2
- Phillip Dutton, Fernhill Fugitive (USA) – 47.3
- Francis Whittingham, Easy Target (GBR) – 47.6
- Elisa Wallace, Simply Priceless (USA) – 50.8
- Phillip Dutton, Fernhill Cublawn (USA) – 50.9
- Jolie Wentworth, Goodnight (USA) – 51.2
- Nicola Wilson, Watermill Vision (GBR) – 51.8
- William Coleman, Obos O’Reilly (USA) – 52.6
- Barbara Crabo, Eveready (USA) – 53.7
I ran into some friends yesterday as well…prime opportunity for a “Selfie”. Shown R to L is Kurt Giesselman (long-time Rolex volunteer), myself, John Prather (Rolex BOD and Volunteer), and Rolex Rider, Bobby Meyerhoff.
John gave us a run around on the cross-country course yesterday. There are a lot of beautiful new jumps this year and the volunteers did a spectacular job decorating all the jumps with flowers and other accessories. The course is going to ride very well tomorrow, only if the rain holds off.
More to come soon…