I love Your Horse Live – it has everything I could want under one roof. Great demonstrations, lots of shopping and lots of companies where you can get information and ask questions.
This year’s Your Horse Live is next weekend on 8th and 9th November and is being held at Stoneleigh, Warwickshire. Tickets are still for sale and there is an advanced saving if you book by 3rd November. Tickets on the door are priced at £22.
For me this year I have a rather large shopping list of clothing that I need to pick up and birthday money to be spent. I have been holding back from purchasing anything because there are so many good deals on the day.
The demonstrations I will be attending will be Carl Hester, Paul Tapner and Ben Hobday. I am also going to try and catch Russell Guire at Centaur Biomechanics. I saw Jay Halim last year and he was excellent but sadly I don’t think I am going to be able to squeeze him in.
Your Horse Live really is an excellent day out and I can truly recommend it to anyone as there’s plenty to do and see. I always try and attend and I think this is the 3rd year on the trot!
My top tips
- Personally I take a good amount of cash because it speeds up transactions as things can get rather busy at stands.
- I leave purchasing heavy items like supplements etc to the end of the day to avoid having to carry them round.
- There are food stalls outside and plenty of them, so you don’t need to worry about food though I tend to pack a bottle of water to take with me.
- It can get cold watching the demonstrations so make sure you take a coat, especially as temperatures are supposed to drop from this balmy 21 degrees!
- There is absolutely no mud on the site so you can wean yourself off your leather country boots. Just because it’s a horse event, they are not necessary. There is a lot of walking so make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
- I am always astonished by the number of people in jods especially as there is no riding apart from the odd simulator. Just for me, please don’t wear jods. It’s embarrassing.
- If you are over 14, the hoodie with your name and the name of your horse sits alongside things that should not be done, like wearing jods.
- Get to the demonstrations early especially the busy ones!
- It is an amazing opportunity to ask questions – make the most of it to learn.
For more information:
http://www.yourhorselive.co.uk or telephone 0844 581 0770